Knowing the corrosion resistance of a metallic material in a specific service environment is the basis of the success of a product. This results in considerable savings in terms of security and costs for the company, especially in industrial sectors particularly sensitive to this issue as Oil&Gas, Energy, Aviation and Naval.
In order to prevent, reduce and recover, the corrosion laboratory applies and develops test methods alongside its customers from the development of a product up to its industrial application.
Pontlab, thanks to qualified technical personnel and constantly updated has become the reference point for solving corrosion-related problems.
- strength intergranular corrosion according to the standards ASTM G28, ASTM A262
- electrochemical tests according to regulamentation ASTM G150
- strength galvanic corrosion according to regulamentation ASTM G116
- anodic polarization curves and cathodic according to regulamentation ASTM G61
- strength localized corrosion (pitting and crevice) according to the standards ASTM G48
- qualifications ambiente sour gas, with premixed gas in accordance with the needs of the customer use as Sulphide Stress Corrosion Cracking according to regulamentation NACE TM0177 under ambient conditions or in high pressure and / or high temperature
- stress corrosion cracking and corrosion under stress ( proof rings ) in chloride-containing environment according to the standards ASTM G36, ASTM G123
- exposure autoclave at high pressure and / or high temperature of metallic materials and elastomeric material also in environment containing hydrocarbons according to the norm NACE TM0187
- Slow Strain Rate Test high pressure and / or high temperature according to the norm NACE TM0198
- Proof of stress corrosion cracking byRipple Test
- prova di Hydrogen Induced Cracking HIC according to regulamentation NACE TM0284
- preparation of tests according to customer specifications.
Pontlab provides businesses of problem solving and consulting services on topics related to corrosion by using techniques Failure Analysis using the Scanning Electron Microscope and X-EDS microprobe.
The presence of for exposure chamber to various types of environment, It allows you to perform accelerated aging tests as: